The Monthly Meeting of the Council was held 24th May 2017
Cllrs G. Francis (Chair), D. Rosser, NPT Cllr Des W Davies
Keith Thomas (Clerk)
Apologies for Absence
Cllr I. Jones
Declarations of interest
Approval of the Minutes: Cllrs D.W. Davies and D.Rosser
Drainage Rear of Wellfield
Cllr Davies advised Council that he had set up a meeting between the Dainage Officer, Mr Terry Davies and resident, who was advised to undertake minor works to mitigate the risk of flooding to her property because of surface water runoff from agricultural land & minor water courses at the rear of Wellfield
Report to PCSO Aled Musselwhite of resident parking on the pavement adjacent to Ynys-yr-Afon Bus stop
Parking etiquette at front of Community Hall, entrance to Ynys-yr-Afon. Courtesy given to hirer and Council members visiting the hall. Clerk to discuss with resident.
PCSO will continue monitoring parking obstruction at Bryn Terr, access to Ynys-yr-Afon and Tonclwyda and appropriate action will be taken where appropriate.
Scobing exercises.. Exercises will continue.
Street Lighting Access to Clyne Terrace
Problems continue in making the necessary improvements. Landowner reluctant to provide wayleave. Cllr Davies advised the meeting that the landowner had ignored approaches from NPT
Clerk continues to monitor the conditions at both parks and has undertaken minor repairs highlighted in the report. Bryn Golwg – Grass and trees have been cut. Surfaced play area weeded, litter cleared and rubbish cleared in readiness for Clyne Community Group events Tuesday, 30th May and Saturday 8thstJuly
Pen Y Cymoedd Micro Bid –
The Chair and Clerk had attended the launch in December and advised local organisation of the availability of grant support. Council are currently meeting with Clyne Community Group and Neath CVS, who plan to organise a community fun day at Clyne Community Hall . Events commenced with an Easter Event, Tuesday 11th Apr, 2017, which was very successful with 60 children and 40 adults in attendance. Clerk stewarded the event and prepared the Hall and cleared up after the activity and calendar of events planned for 17-18 include :
- Summer Fun Day, Saturday 8th July, 1.00 – 5.00pm
- Trip to Drayton Manor Theme Park, Saturday 12th August ,2017 (Pending outcome of application to Lottery Grant “Awards for All” 03/04/17)
- October Halloween Party
- Dec Christmas Party
- April 2018 for Easter Event
The events will be promoted throughout the community.
They have received confirmation from Gweinyddwr y Rhaglen / Programme Administrator that they have a received a grant £2678.08 in the first round of community funding Tuesday 25th April.
Cronfa Gymunedol Fferm Wynt Pen y Cymoedd Wind Farm Community Fund
Ffôn/Tel: 01685 878785
- Clyne Community Group – request permission to stage events at Bryn Golwg Park for Clyne Community Group events Tuesday, 30th May and Saturday 8th July. Council had been advised by insurer that the group would not be covered for these events and permission granted subject to the Group having their own insurance and operating within the guidelines of NPT Special Events Officer.
- Group requested water jugs and mugs to be purchased for use at the Hall
The Following were elected without contest:
Des Davies, Gill Francis, Ian Claude Jones. Notices of Vacancies displayed in the community. One application received.
NPT Elections. Thursday 8th June, 2017. The staff manning the polling station noted the lack of usual facilities. The microwave oven was not available and fluorescent lighting needed to be replaced
- Notice: One Voice Wales NPT Area Committee Meeting Wednesday 14th June at 7.00pm at Carnegie Hall, Skewen
- NPT Democratic Services. Application to be reimbursed for website grant.
Report of Run Off from Ty Du Farm Field onto pavement bordering B4434 leaving pavement in slippery hazardous condition. Cllr D W Davies in consultation with Drainage Officer to contact landowner to clean ditch and NPT street care to clear pavement
Complaint received from Resident of Japanese Knotweed on land fronting Moses Row and bordering Melincourt Brook. Cllr DW Davies to pursue with appropriate NPT Officers